Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunny Side Up

I know I've been absent from the blog for a few days. I'm trying to think back on why but the last few days have been a blur. What was I doing? Anyway, it's Sunday (technically Monday but I haven't slept yet which still makes it Sunday to me) which means, it's time to reflect on my week and find the things or moments or people I'm thankful for.

Although there has been some drama from Mr. Marine, I am very thankful for him. Earlier this week we discussed that our relationship would go no further than being friends. It brought us closer in the sense that we can talk about basically anything no matter how hard it is to hear. It pushed us farther in the sense that he doesn't feel he can talk to me about certain things. It's a catch 22 and I've decided to look on the bright side of this situation. He's here for me to talk to and our friendship means the world to me. In spite of this, he took me out to an amazing dinner overlooking Redondo beach waters lit up by the restaurant we were at and then took me to see a movie. He bought me two little books of cute puppies and quotes because he saw them and thought of me. He brightened up my day because he knew I really needed someone. He was there.. is there for me, and for this I love him and what he' s brought into my life.

Twice this week I had sleepovers. One was with my bestie, Drien. Our girl night plans got canceled but we made our own plans. We ate horribly fattening food, did her dance fitness moves, did some weight stuff, watched tv, laughed, did each others makeup... it was so fun and something we both needed. The next sleepover was with my girl crush. We got trashed and watched Toy Story 1 & 2 and had ice cream with hot fudge, caramel and brownies. It was amazing. These two nights of not having a care in the world was really refreshing.

Something I didn't realize until today because I have tonight off from dog sitting.. I'm really thankful I'm home. I really don't like my house or being home but, being away from my bed and my mom and my cats for so long has made me really miss them. I was a little annoyed that my mom called to whine at me that I wasn't home yet but as soon as I got home, I just rested my head on her shoulder and it felt nice to be home again. Made some mac 'n cheese and ate it while having movie time with the parental unit.. it was really nice and I'm thankful I have her. Because even though she spotted my tattoo tonight, she didn't get mad and watched the movie with me anyway. What a nice lady she is. I love her.

These are just a few of the moments I'm thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment