Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Put On Your Face


i recently joined another website for networking, of sorts, and i filled out my info and all the usual stuff, except i actually had a mental block while i was doing this. i kno what you're saying, "how can you have a mental block just filling out the normal info about yourself?" well..

i was stuck on the nickname portion. what appears above your picture.

now of course you can put your real name but, i didn't want to. so i sat there and stared at my screen. kept staring. staring staring staring.. why was this so hard? i thought of a name for my blog, the name that appears here, my email, the name that appears on weheartit.com, my rave name.. none of these names fit the site i was joining. and then it hit me..

i dont have a nickname for this aspect of myself. i'm reinventing myself, this site is something totally new for me. of course i dont have a name! each name i have for watever site or group i belong to is significant only to that site/group! duh! so then came the hard part.. if i don't know this side of me yet, how can i make a name?

eventually i thought of something that was fitting enough and of course it can always change later. but for now, it's fitting. it gave me a little spark of happiness though. delving into this new side of me is exciting, scary, still more exciting, in need of research of sorts.. but i took the first step!

*high five*

No comments:

Post a Comment